Creamy zucchini and potato soup
Here's a creamy vegan soup you can feel good about eating! Fresh zucchini and potatoes are pureed together with other fresh ingredients to make a creamy soup you can serve any guest.
Creamy zucchini potato soup
Serves 6 hearty portions
- 4 medium zucchini, washed and chopped roughly
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, whole
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and all of the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper, toss to coat, and then stir in the vegetable stock.
- Cover and allow to cook for another 15 minutes until all of the vegetables are very soft.
- Working in batches, carefully puree the vegetables and stock in a blender or a food processor.
- When the vegetables are all pureed, stir in the cumin.
- Serve hot.