Chili-lime salmon brings out the amazing flavor of fresh salmon and adds a little kick of its own with delicious garlic and chili powder.
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 4 filets
- Lime zest from 1 lime
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place each salmon filet skin side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Blot each filet with a paper towel to dry the salmon.
- In a bowl, combine the lime zest, chili powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Rub the lime zest mixture into each salmon filet.
- Drizzle all of the filets evenly with the olive oil.
- Roast for 6 to 8 minutes just until the salmon is cooked through and flaky.
- Serve hot with extra lime wedges.