- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 21, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/woodlands-signature-cheddar-and-herb-biscuits
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 4-6 People
This recipe for Woodlands' signature cheddar and herb biscuits is courtesy of Woodlands Inn in Summerville, South Carolina.
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks chilled, unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix buttermilk, thyme, and rosemary in a small bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- Add cheese and butter to the flour mix; rub with fingertips until the mixture resembles fine meal.
- Add buttermilk mixture and stir until soft clumps form.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; press out to thickness of 1/2-inch.
- Using 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut biscuits.
- Transfer biscuits to 2 ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes then reverse position of sheets and bake biscuits until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes longer.
- Transfer biscuits to racks. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters