- Recipe created by ChefMom on Jun 11, 2011
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/veal-and-broccoli-rabe-pasta
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Here's a quick and easy recipe for Veal and Broccoli Rabe Pasta.
- salt and pepper as needed
- 1 pound short-cut pasta
- 1 pound ground veal
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Boil pasta in a large pot of salted water according to the package instructions. Drain when done, but reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Stir together veal, sage, fennel, garlic, onions, and red pepper. Season mixture with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- In a pot, add about an inch of salted water and the broccoli rabe. Boil for 8 minutes.
- While broccoli rabe is cooking, begin browning veal mixture in a large skillet, crumbling until well browned.
- Drain broccoli rabe and add to veal mixture.
- Add reserved cooking water to pan with the veal and broccoli rabe mixture.
- Stir in the cheese until well incorporated. Serve.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters