- Recipe created by ChefMom on Jun 17, 2011
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/sweet-potatoes-with-caramel-sauce
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6-8 people
Sweet Potatoes with Caramel Sauce adds a little something extra to a traditional holiday side dish. This recipe, however, will have you preparing sweet potatoes all year round.
- 4 cups of cooked, peeled and mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1 cup of half-and-half, divided
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch each of salt and pepper
- Stir together mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 cup of half-and-half
- Transfer the mixture into a well-greased casserole dish.
- Use the back of a spoon to create a well in the center of the potatoes.
- Fill the center with the pecans.
- Bake potatoes at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are heating, melt butter and white sugar in a saucepan.
- Whisk the rest of the cream into pan along with the salt and pepper.
- Cook for a minute or two, then pour over hot sweet potatoes when serving.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters