- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/sweet-potatoes-with-balsamic-maple-glaze
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 People
This delicious recipe for sweet potatoes with balsamic maple glaze makes a great Thanksgiving side dish. And, sweet potatoes are full of dietary fiber, natural sugars, vitamin C, beta carotene, and vitamin A.
- 1, 16-ounce bag Cut Sweet Potatoes, or peel and cut your own, 3/4-inch cubes, about 3 cup's worth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 5 tablespoons peeled and minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons maple syrup until coated; transfer sweet potatoes onto a lightly oiled baking sheet; spread them out so that they roast evenly.
- Roast sweet potatoes in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork tender, tossing halfway through.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, sauté shallots in a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon oil until shallots are soft; add balsamic vinegar and remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup; simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes until sauce is slightly reduced and thickened; remove from heat.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and transfer to medium serving bowl; drizzle with sauce and toss to coat.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters