- Recipe created by ChefMom on Dec 13, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/stage-1-baby-applesauce
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: varies
This easy applesauce recipe is perfect for baby's first taste of apple!
- 5 to 10 large apples, any variety
- Peel, core and cut apples into small chunks.
- Put apple chunks into a large pan, then add enough water just to cover them.
- Boil the apples until fork tender. Remove from water, but reserve water to add to puree if needed.
- Put apples in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. You may also hand mash the apples until smooth.
- To thin the mixture, add some of the reserve water from boiling.
- Check with your pediatrician before adding spices such as cinnamon.
- Serve once cooled or freeze in ice cube trays.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters