- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 21, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/spinach-mushroom-casserole
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4-6 People
Here's a delicious recipe for a spinach mushroom casserole that your family will love.
- 1 package whole white button mushrooms, rinsed with stems separated and reserved
- 2 packages frozen, chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Dried onion
- Garlic powder
- 1 stick butter, quartered
- Melt 1/4 stick butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushroom caps, smooth side down, and stems; sauté until golden brown, about 2 minutes; drain liquid.
- Melt 1/4 stick of butter in microwave, for approximately 20 seconds; mix into spinach.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray into 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Add spinach mixture; lightly sprinkle with dried onion throughout; layer with 1 cup cheese.
- Add mushrooms, lightly sprinkle with garlic powder; layer with 1 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with extra garlic powder and dried onion (optional).
- Bake at 325 degrees F until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly, approximately 20 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate. May be made one day ahead.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters