- Recipe created by ChefMom on Mar 19, 2011
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/spicy-jerk-chicken-and-potatoes
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6
A Jamaican vacation might not be in your near future, but you can still enjoy the flavors of the island with this recipe for Spicy Jerk Chicken and Potatoes. You can purchase Jerk seasoning in most stores or search our site for a great do-it-yourself recipe. As with most "whole chicken" recipes, you can decrease cooking time by using chicken pieces instead. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 3- 3 1/2 pound whole fryer chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 baking potatoes, cut legthwise into fourths
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and brush with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Rub entire chicken with 2 tablespoons of jerk seasoning.
- Toss potatoes in remaining oil and sprinkle lightly with jerk seasoning.
- Place potatoes around chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or until done.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters