- Recipe created by ChefMom on Dec 4, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/southwest-tamale-tart
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6 servings or 18 appetizers
Whether for lunch, dinner, or party appetizers, this Latino inspired Southwest Tamale Tart is delicious and good for you too. Black beans are known for the healthy heart benefit and 1 serving is only about 225 calories.
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup condensed beef broth
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- salsa, if desired
- fat-free sour cream, if desired
- Stir together Bisquick, cornmeal, 1 cup of cheese, and chilies. Add broth then press mixture into the bottom of a 9x3-inch springform pan.
- Combine beans and cilantro then layer over cornmeal mixture, leaving an empty edge all the way around dish.
- Top with the rest of the cheese and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
- Remove side part of pan. Add tomatoes, cut and serve.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters