- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 3, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/smokey-mexican-chicken-stew
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6-8
Smokey Mexican Chicken Stew is a hearty stew with a hint of spice. Try topping it with sour cream and tortilla strips.
- 3, 16 ounce cans tomatillos, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 46 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 29 ounces hominy, rinsed and drained
- 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 1 pound cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cilantor, chopped
- Prepare ingredients as listed above.
- Puree tomatillos till smooth.
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss in garlic, cumin, and oregano and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatillo puree, broth, hominy, tomatoes, and chilies.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken and serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters