- Recipe created by ChefMom on Jun 2, 2011
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/rice-with-mushroom-and-mustard-seeds
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4-6
Rice with Mushroom and Mustard Seeds is a delicious and easy to prepare side dish. Though this dish is slightly Indian-inspired, you'll love the simple flavor of this rice with just about any meal.
- 2 cups long-grain white rice, well rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black or yellow mustard seeds
- 1 ounce onion, sliced into half rings
- 10 medium-sized fresh mushrooms, sliced lengthwise
- 2-3/4 cups chicken stock or water
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds to hot oil.
- After a few seconds, stir in onion and cook until slightly browned.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in stock and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and cook the rice for about 25 minutes on low.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters