- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 20, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/pumpkin-parfait
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 2 hr
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: 2-4 People
Try this Thanksgiving recipe for pumpkin parfaits. Your family and friends will love it!
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 20 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small saucepan and let soften 1 minute; bring to a simmer, stirring until gelatin has dissolved.
- Whisk together gelatin mixture, pumpkin, brown sugar, spices, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat 1 cup cream with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until it holds soft peaks, then fold into pumpkin mixture gently but thoroughly.
- Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream with remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla until it holds soft peaks.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup pumpkin mixture into bottom of each glass, then sprinkle with some of cookies and top with about 2 tablespoons whipped cream; repeat layers once, ending with cream.
- Chill until set, at least 2 hours.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters