- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/praline-crusted-sweet-potatoes
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8 People
This recipe takes sweet potatoes from ordinary to extraordinary with the addition of sweet coconut and chopped pecans.
Recipe courtesy of The Canned Food Alliance.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 can, 29-ounces, sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can, 5-ounces, evaporated fat free milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup canned sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons soft margarine or butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Mash the sweet potatoes in a large bowl with an electric mixer or a potato masher until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, and pumpkin pie spice; mix well.
- Spread into the baking dish; set aside.
- Combine the pecans, coconut, flour, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, and margarine in a medium bowl; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is browned and the center is just set.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters