- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 2, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/mustard-tomato-bruschetta
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 24 slices
Mustard Tomato Bruschetta is a hearty appetizer perfect for any occassion.
- 1 French baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 finely chopped serrano peppers
- 1/4 cup dry-roast peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown or yellow mustard seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- Heat broiler.
- Place bread on baking sheet.
- Broil bread 4-6 inches from heat for 4 minutes till browned.
- After removing from heat, brush with 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil.
- Mix together tomatoes, chilies, peanuts, cilantro, sugar, and salt in small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet on medium-high.
- Add mustard seed, cover, and cook till seed stop popping.
- Remove from heat, add cumin and let stand for 5 seconds before adding to tomato mixture.
- Place bread on serving tray and top with a spoon of tomato mixture.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters