- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 21, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/mixed-leafy-greens-with-warm-bacon-dressing
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 8 People
Though salads aren't at the top of most Thanksgiving menu plans, serving a hearty salad alongside your other Thanksgiving side dishes is a fresh change from the typically carb-heavy accompaniments to the meal. This salad zings with tangy, smoky flavor from the dressing.
- 10 cups torn, mixed greens (such as escarole, spinach, raddichio, endive, red leaf lettuce)
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 3 slices lean bacon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss mixed greens, onion, and gorgonzola together; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until browned and crisp. Remove bacon, crumble, and set on a paper towel to drain. Reduce heat to low.
- Pour grease out of skillet and add olive oil, vinegar, and mustard whisking to combine. Heat through and add bacon. Remove from heat and season with black pepper.
- Drizzle half of the dressing onto the salad, scraping the bacon bits out of the skillet. Serve immediately with remaining dressing on the side.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters