- Recipe created by ChefMom on Aug 16, 2011
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/mediterranean-chicken-and-polenta
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4
This recipe is low in fat and high in protein, making it a delicious, healthy meal. Courtesy of BHG.com.
- 1/2 of a 6.5-oz. jar oil-packed dried tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 cup assorted olives, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 small bay leaves (optional)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Drain tomatoes, reserving the oil. Season chicken with salt and black pepper. In 10-inch oven-going skillet heat all the reserved oil over medium-high.
- Cook chicken in hot oil 3 minutes each side or until browned; remove skillet from heat. Add tomatoes, olives, wine, and bay leaves. Transfer to oven.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170 degrees F when inserted in chicken.
- Meanwhile, for polenta, in large saucepan bring 3 cups water to boiling. In a bowl combine cornmeal, 1 cup cold water, and 1 tsp. salt; gradually stir into boiling water.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Reduce heat; stir occasionally. Remove and discard bay leaves Serve chicken with polenta and olives.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters