- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 20, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/gluten-free-dark-chocolate-cranberry-torte
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Serving: Serves 12
A slice of decadent dark chocolate torte that boasts a cranberry flavor is a perfect finale to a gluten free holiday meal.
- 12-ounces coarsely chopped premium dark chocolate, such as Lindt's 99% Dark Chocolate Bar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) plus 3 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper; spray the paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place 8-ounces of the chocolate and 1 cup (2 sticks) of the butter in a double boiler and cook, stirring often, until melted and smooth; remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well; add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition; sift cocoa into bowl and add cranberries; stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake has risen and top has formed a thin crust. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate, removing sides of springform pan. Remove parchment paper and let cake cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, melt remaining 4-ounces chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring until smooth; remove from heat, then stir in milk, honey, and vanilla. Set aside to cool slightly.
- When cake has cooled, transfer to a serving platter; pour glaze over top of the cake and use a spatula and gently smooth glaze along the top and sides of the cake. Place cake in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes to set the glaze and make the cake easier to slice.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters