- Recipe created by ChefMom on Dec 4, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/diet-friendly-beef-and-salsa-skillet
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
By using extra-lean ground beef, you can enjoy thie delicious Diet Friendly Beef and Salsa Skillet for only about 355 calories per serving. Make it even healthies by substituting ground turkey instead of beef.
- 3/4 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 16 ounces thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can corn, undrained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups Reduced Fat Bisquick
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- Brown beef in large skillet until done and crumbly. Drain and return to skillet.
- Toss in salsa, beans, corn, tomato sauce, and 1 teaspoon chili powder.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Form a soft dough by combining Bisquick, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and water. Drop 6 spoonfuls over beef mixture.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, then covered for 8 minutes.
- Add cheese to the top, cook and additional 2 minutes with the cover on, then serve.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters