- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 21, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-whiskey-truffle-cookies
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 2 hr
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: Makes 24 cookies
This rich, holiday recipe for chocolate whiskey truffle cookies is a perfect dessert for parents to enjoy.
- 12-ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies, or vanilla wafers
- 5 tablespoons bourbon, or other whiskey, rum, or creme de menthe
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Mix in crushed cookies and whiskey; pour mixture into a bowl.
- Cover and chill in fridge or freezer until firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Drop truffle mixture by tablespoons onto foil, spacing apart.
- Roll each between palms of hands into a ball; freeze 15 minutes.
- Sift cocoa powder and sugar into a shallow dish; roll each truffle in the cocoa mixture.
- Refrigerate, but let stand 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters