- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 21, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-pumpkin-cake
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total: 1 min
- Serving: Serves 10
For pumpkin and chocolate lovers, this healthier rendition of a decadent cake features whole wheat white flour (look for it in the natural foods section of the supermarket), dark chocolate, and pure pumpkin, which offers a yummy moistness.
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat white flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk plus 1 tablespoon for glaze
- 1, 15-ounce, can pure pumpkin
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup finely chopped premium dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, blend 1 cup buttermilk, pumpkin, and brown sugar on low speed. Beat in eggs, oil, corn syrup, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, blending on low until just combined;stir in chocolate. Transfer batter to the prepared pan; bake 1 hour, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together confectioner's sugar and buttermilk to form a glaze. Transfer cake to a serving plate and drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters