- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 11, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/chicken-and-cheese-enchiladas
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
Now there's no excuse for not making homemade enchiladas. This super quick recipe for chicken and cheese enchiladas is prepared in under 10 minutes!
Tip: This recipe calls for cooked chicken. Keep cooked, shredded or cubed chicken in your freezer. Just thaw and your ready to use.
Variation: Try adding 1/2 cup black beans to chicken mix.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 flour 6 inch tortillas, warm
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Prepare ingredients by chopping the tomato, thinly slicing the onion, and shredding or chopping the cooked chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, sour cream, picante sauce, and chili powder.
- Spoon 1 cup of soup mixture into a large bowl and mix with chicken and cheese.
- Warm the tortillas for 20 seconds in a microwave wrapped in a wet paper towel.
- Divide the chicken mixture into the tortillas, roll, and place seam up in an 11x8 shallow baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over the tortillas.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with tomato and onion before serving.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters