- Recipe created by ChefMom on Oct 6, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/broccoli-and-bacon-salad
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Serves 10-12 people
This broccoli and bacon salad with its own dressing, is more like a meal than a side dish. Grapes add sweetness, broccoli adds crunch and the bacon adds the heartiness. Toasted pine nuts can be used instead of slivered almonds.
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 large head of fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3/4 cups of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup of green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup of red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups of seedless red grapes, sliced in halves
- 3/4 cup of blanched, slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup of white sugar (for dressing)
- 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup of low-fat mayonnaise
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until evenly browned. Let the bacon cool, then crumble it.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread slivered almonds onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned. Toss once during baking. Set almonds aside to cool.
- For the dressing, mix the sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, celery, onions and grapes. Toss mixture with the dressing and refrigerate for 3-4 hours prior to serving.
- To keep the bacon and almonds crisp and crunchy, toss them into the salad just before serving.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters