- Recipe created by ChefMom on May 16, 2011
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/beef-stroganoff
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr 40 min
- Total: 4 hr 50 min
- Serving: 6
Few things bring more comfort than you favorite home-cooked meals. If Beef Stroganoff is one of your favorites, than you're really going to love this recipe. By using a slow cooker, time spent in the kitchen is minimal, but the results are still amazingly delicious.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf (discard after cooking)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 8-ounce container sour cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles or rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Brown beef cubes until browned on all sides. Strain to remove excess fat.
- Mix together beef and the next 8 ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir well.
- Add broth and sherry to mixture.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove about 1 cup of cooking juices. Stir with sour cream, flour, and water in a bowl.
- Add sour cream mixture to cooker, stir well, and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice or noodles.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters