- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 17, 2010
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/baked-ziti-casserole
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
This baked ziti casserole recipe is a classic Italian dish with a vegetarian twist.
- 16-ounces ziti pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 2, 16-ounce jars of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 package of frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and lightly squeezed dry
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups of mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ziti and marinara sauce. Mix until ziti pasta is thoroughly coated.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese and spinach. Mix until thoroughly integrated.
- 4. Pour half of the ziti sauce mixture into a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish. Then, put dabs of the ricotta cheese-spinach mixture evenly over the pasta.
- 5. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the ricotta mixture. Next, pour the rest of the pasta marinara mixture evenly over the mozzarella.
- 6. Sprinkle the remaining of the mozzarella over the pasta.
- 7. Lastly, sprinkle the Parmesan over the mozzarella and cover with aluminum foil.
- 8. Place the tray on the middle rack of your oven.
- 9. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove cover and continue to bake for 15 minutes.
- 10. Let stand 3-5 minutes after cooking.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters