- Recipe created by ChefMom on Nov 30, -1
- Permalink: http://chefmom.sheknows.com/recipes/baked-chicken-parmesan
- View more recipes by ChefMom.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 4 people
Omit frying from the classic chicken parmesan recipe for a lighter version.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thick
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 16-ounce jar marinara sauce
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Whisk egg and milk in a medium bowl.
- Dredge chicken in mixtured, then dip in bowl of breadcrumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken on each side until it is golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer chicken to baking dish, and top with mozzarella.
- Pour marinara sauce over the chicken, and sprinkle with parmesan and a little more mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Dinner Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Drink Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Family Recipes
- Sauce & Marinade Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Lunch Recipes
- Snacks and Starters
- Quick & Easy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Baby Food Recipes
- Picky Eaters