Pumpkin quinoa and oats
Pumpkin quinoa and oats are a great way to pack in protein, fiber and veggies during the first meal of the day. Mix up the dry ingredients and portion out throughout the week for a breakfast that keeps on giving.
Pumpkin quinoa and oats recipe
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oatmeal
- 1/4 cup dried quinoa
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a small pot, add the dried quinoa, mashed banana and milk and bring to a simmer.
- Stirring frequently, simmer the quinoa for about 10 minutes.
- Add the oatmeal and cook another 2 to 5 minutes until the oats and quinoa are tender and the liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together the pumpkin, honey and pumpkin pie spice.
- Serve atop the hot oat mixture or stir in and serve hot.