10-Minute pasta Alfredo
Ten-minute pasta Alfredo is ready in the few minutes it takes to boil the pasta itself! Creamy, dreamy and so good with a salad and lean protein.
10-Minute pasta Alfredo recipe
- 1 pound pasta of choice
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions, about 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the milk and butter over medium-low heat until small bubbles start to form around the edge.
- Remove the milk mixture from the heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, pepper and nutmeg.
- Continue whisking until the Parmesan is totally melted and creates a sauce.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain and return to the hot pot.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve hot.