Chocolate-cherry vanilla smoothies
Smoothies are a favorite breakfast option (and snack) in my house, but don't overlook these chocolate-cherry and vanilla smoothies for dessert. Simply add whipped topping and chocolate shavings to make them totally dessert-worthy.
The vanilla yogurt is the base of this smoothie recipe, and I added a little pure vanilla extract for a bit more of a vanilla vibe. The cocoa powder turns things chocolaty, but because it's unsweetened, I added honey for a bit of something sweet for this chilly delight.
Chocolate-cherry vanilla smoothie recipe
Yields 2 (8-ounce)
- 12 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 6 ounces frozen pitted cherries
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Honey, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups ice cubes
- Optional: Whipped topping and shaved chocolate for garnish
- Add the yogurt, cherries and milk to a blender. Pulse until smooth. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract, and pulse several more times to incorporate.
- Taste the mixture and add honey to sweeten the smoothie if you'd like. Start with 1 tablespoon.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust, as needed.
- Serve cold topped with whipped topping and bits of shaved chocolate.
Serve smoothies for breakfast, as a snack or even dessert.