Pork loin with roasted cherries
Pork loin with roasted cherries is both simple to make and beautiful to behold. Feel free to use frozen pitted cherries to make this winning dinner even easier.
Pork loin with roasted cherries recipe
- 1 (2-1/2 pound) pork loin
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 cups pitted cherries, frozen or fresh
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the cherries in a small pan and toss with the butter.
- Roast at 450 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the cherries are soft and some have burst.
- Set aside.
- Line a roasting pan with foil and place the pork loin in the center.
- Rub the pork with the mayonnaise until evenly spread.
- Wash hands thoroughly.
- In a small bowl toss together the brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the pork loin.
- Roast at 450 degrees F for 45 minutes, then turn off the oven and let the pork continue to carry-over cook for 30 minutes. It is very important not to open the oven during this time.
- Check to make sure the pork is 160 degrees F.
- Let the pork sit for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving with the cooled roasted cherries.