Dinner Shortcuts: Pizzadilla (pizza quesadilla)
Quesadillas are my go-to "I'm hungry I need food right now" meals. They can easily be stuffed with anything I want and are ready in under 10 minutes. This version is pizza-meets-Southwest flavors. It's stuffed with cheese, pepperoni and spiced sweet corn and bell peppers. This is one hearty meal.
Pizzadilla (pizza quesadilla)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced bell peppers (any color)
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 3 large pepperoni slices
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- In a small skillet set over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once the oil is hot add the bell peppers, sweet corn kernels, smoked paprika and chipotle chile powder. Cook until just softened and remove from the heat.
- Lay out 1 corn tortilla and cover with 1/4 cup shredded cheese, top with pepper/corn mixtures, pepperoni, remaining shredded cheese and other corn tortilla.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil in the pan and place back on the stove over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the quesadilla.
- Cook until the underside is browned and cheese has started to melt within the quesadilla. Flip and cook until browned on the other side.
- Serve with warmed marinara sauce.