Lemon-baked salmon is probably the simplest and most beautiful way to serve fish. Slices of a whole filet are baked atop sliced lemons and seasoned to perfection.
- 1 pound filet fresh salmon, skin-on, cut into even quarters
- 4 large lemons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the lemons and slice into 1/8-inch thick rounds.
- Place the lemons on the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Place the salmon filets, skin-side down, on the lemons.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the salmon is just cooked and flaky.
- Serve hot.