Dinner Shortcuts: Chicken and rice Rotel tomato bake
Throw it all together and bake it up. It's casserole at its finest.
Dinnertime does not have to be hectic and crazy. This super-simple chicken and rice Rotel tomato bake is packed full of flavor and can easily be prepared in under 30 minutes.
Chicken and rice Rotel tomato bake
Yields 2-4 servings
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken, picked from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) packet 90-second rice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add shredded chicken, Rotel tomatoes, whole tomatoes, green peppers, garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, kosher salt and paprika.
- Stir together and mash down whole tomatoes.
- Once the mixture is hot add in rice (no need to cook it 90seconds, it's precooked), stock and stir. Let simmer until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Top with shredded cheese and melt under the broiler in your oven.