Barbecue baked onions
Barbecue baked onions are a 2-ingredient wonder that will leave your family asking for more. Sweet onions are sliced and then slow-baked in your favorite barbecue sauce for a perfect side every time.
Barbecue grilled onions
- 4 large whole sweet onions, peeled
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce of choice
- Cut each onion with a deep X shape, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Place the onions in the middle of a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Drizzle evenly with barbecue sauce.
- Wrap the foil around the onions, making sure to seal it well to keep the steam from escaping.
- Heat a grill to about 350 degrees F.
- Place the onions on a top rack, and grill at 350 degrees F for 75 to 90 minutes.
- You may also place them in a 350 degree F oven for the same amount of time.
- Allow to cool for about 5 to 10 minutes before opening.
- Serve hot alongside your family's favorite protein for a delicious meal.