Dinner Shortcuts: Spicy vegetable frittata
Frittata is the perfect fast-paced weeknight meal. Full of flavor and super healthy.
Frittatas are the easiest option for fast weeknight dinners. This baby is packed full of cilantro, vegetables and just a hint of spice.
Spicy vegetable frittata
Yields 2 servings
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced peppers
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg and heavy cream, set aside.
- Over medium heat add an 8-inch skillet and add in olive oil. Once hot, add in peppers, onions, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook until soft.
- Pour in eggs and add in shredded cheese. Stir once to combine everything and then let cook for about 5 minutes until the bottom and edges have just started to set.
- Put in the oven and cook under the broiler for about 5 minutes. The frittata will be done when the top no longer jiggles and is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle top with cilantro and enjoy hot or at room temperature.