It's hard to start the day off on the wrong foot when there are sprinkles in your breakfast.
What kid could skip breakfast when there are sprinkles in their bowl of oats? Heck, I can't and I'm 30 something. Just a few sprinkles and some extract makes this bowl of oats taste and look just like funfetti cake.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Combine oats, milk, extracts, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk together and frequently over heat until thickened.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of sprinkles to the oatmeal and stir to combine.
- Pour into serving bowls and top with more sprinkles.