Raspberry clafouti takes summer's bounty and puts it in a beautiful pudding cake. Serve alone or with ice cream for an amazingly flavorful and picturesque dessert.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup Framboise or rum
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch round pie pan with butter and set aside.
- Combine the raspberries, 1/3 cup of sugar and Framboise and allow to macerate about 15 minutes.
- Place the raspberries in the bottom of the prepared pie pan, reserving the liquid.
- Combine the macerating liquid, remaining 1/3 cup of sugar, flour, milk, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and salt in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter over the raspberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes until the top is golden and the batter is just set.
- Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.