Frozen tater tots don’t have to be just a side dish anymore. In fact, you can get super creative with dinner like I did in this recipe. I used tater tots and baked them until crispy golden brown. I then covered them in a red enchilada sauce, topped them with cheese and returned them to the oven for a several minutes to allow the cheese to melt. Serve up this super simple dish with tangy sour cream, onions and spicy corn salsa.
Totcholada casserole recipe
Yields 6 servings
For the casserole
- 1 (28 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
For the toppings
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
- Diced red onions
- Store-bought corn salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the tater tots in a single layer in the casserole dish and bake as directed on the package.
- Once baked, remove the tots from the oven and drizzle the enchilada sauce over the tops.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the potatoes and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and divide between dinner plates.
- Top with sour cream, onions and corn salsa. Best served warm.