Dinner Shortcuts: Skillet lasagna
Love lasagna but don't like the time it takes to make it? Make it in the skillet and say hello to deliciousness.
I love making lasagna but sometimes it's just too time consuming. This easy skillet version gives you all the flavor without the work. Plus it re-heats like a dream and makes the perfect leftover lunch.
Yields 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed Italian seasoned tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- In a large skillet add ground beef, yellow onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and kosher salt.
- Cook until the meat is browned and the onions are soft.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and egg noodles. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium low and simmer until the noodles are cooked. If the mixture starts cooking down too much before the noodles are cooked you can add in a little water.
- Once the noodles are cooked, stir in the ricotta cheese and serve hot. Add more ricotta cheese to the top if desired.