Angle food cake churro bites
Growing up the only thing we used angel food cake for was strawberry shortcake. While I'm still a big fan of the classic summertime dessert, it's nice to have a new sweet recipe that uses up angel food cake and is just as delicious. These little churro angel food cake bites are crazy addictive and perfect alone or served on top of ice cream.
Angel food cake churro bites
Yields 4 servings
- 1 loaf angel food cake, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar (white sugar and cinnamon mixed together)
- Cut a loaf of angel food cake into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large, high-sided skillet melt butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted add in angel food cake and cook until toasted on all sides.
- Remove angel food cake bites out of the pan and into a large bowl. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top the angel food cake and toss.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy.