Firecracker cookie pops
These festive firecracker cookie pops are a super fun and easy way for kids and adults to enjoy a sweet treat during the July 4th holiday. I used plain Oreo cookies and found fun red, white and blue sprinkles at my local store. These can be made several days ahead and are easily portable making them perfect for picnics and barbecues.
Firecracker cookie pops recipe
Yields 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1 (1 pound) package white chocolate candy melts
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Lollipop sticks
- Wax paper
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the cookie melts. Heat the candy melts until they are completely melted stirring every 20 seconds.
- Take a lollipop stick and dip just the tip into the melted chocolate. Insert the stick into the creme filling of the cookie and gently press to keep the stick in place.
- Holding the cookie pop gently, dip the entire cookie into the melted white chocolate allowing excess to drip off.
- Generously sprinkle with the red, white and blue sprinkles and place on the cookie sheet to dry. Repeat with remaining cookie pops.
- Once the chocolate has hardened on the cookie pops you can store them in an airtight container or place them in treat bags until ready to enjoy.