Dinner Shortcuts: Ham and broccoli casserole
I have always felt like broccoli, rice and ham just instinctively go together. This super simple dinner is ready in about 40 minutes and can even be prepped the night before. Personally I love any recipe that is delicious and can be prepped ahead of time. It takes all the pressure off the dinnertime rush.
Ham and broccoli casserole
Yields contents of 9 x 13-inch dish
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water (use the soup can)
- 1-1/2 cups instant rice
- 1 large ham steak, cubed
- 1 steam in bag broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except cheese and add to casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cover with cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes just until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Note: As you're stirring your mixture together make sure to break up the broccoli a bit with your spoon. This will help so that the casserole has broccoli throughout the whole mixture.