Stacked massive nachos
Stacked massive nachos make nacho night interesting. Use tostada shells as the chips and pile 'em high with your nacho favorites.
Massive stacked nachos
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 tostada shells
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 3 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the chicken breasts and poach for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and allow to cool for a few minutes, then shred with 2 forks.
- Mix together the corn starch, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Combine the shredded chicken with the spice mixture and 3/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread the tostada shells on a baking sheet and evenly distribute the cheese on top of each one.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- To assemble, layer 1 tostada shell, mashed black beans, shredded chicken 3 times ending with chicken on top.
- Serve with salsa, avocado, sour cream or any other nacho favorites.