Apple almond butter stacks
Sometimes getting kids to eat a healthy snack can be quite a chore all itself. Here I used organic apples and sliced them into rings then filled them with almond butter and crunchy granola. These pack wonderfully and are perfect for lunchboxes or as an after-school snack.
Apple almond butter stacks recipe
Yields 2-6 servings
- 2 organic apples (I used Fuji apples)
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup vanilla granola
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Slice each apple into rings (aim for 4 to 6 slices per apple).
- Take an apple slice and spread lightly with the almond butter and a sprinkle of the mini chocolate chips and granola.
- Top with an additional apple slice and sandwich together.
- Eat immediately or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill until ready to enjoy.