Dinner Shortcuts: Sweet chipotle BBQ chicken
Using your slow cooker is the ultimate way to shorten your nightly cooking routine. This sweet and smoky chicken will please the whole family.
I love using my slow cooker almost any time of the year. The whole set-it-and-forget-it aspect of cooking totally lures me in. This dish is sweet, smoky and perfect for the weeknight rush.
Sweet chipotle BBQ chicken
Adapted from The Frugal Girls
Yields 4-6 servings
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 container BBQ sauce
- 1 jar apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- In a slow cooker, add chicken breast. Cook on high for 3 hours until completely cooked.
- Remove the chicken, shred or chop.
- Drain out any juice in the slow cooker.
- Add back chicken and stir in BBQ sauce, apricot preserves, smoked paprika and chipotle chile powder.
- Let the mixture warm for 30 minutes on high and enjoy warm.