One-pot pasta dinner
Sometimes the weeknights can get hectic, making dinner planning stressful and not fun for Mom. This super-easy recipe takes away the frustrations and uses a single pot for the entire dinner. This recipe calls for diced bacon but if you are a vegetarian, simply omit the meat and use crumbled veggie burgers or even tempeh if you desire a meaty texture.
One-pot pasta dinner recipe
Yields 8 servings
- 1 pound apple wood smoked bacon, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24 ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound cooked pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped or sliced thin
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the diced bacon and cook until no longer pink. Transfer cooked bacon to a dish lined with paper towels to help remove excess grease.
- In the same pan add the onions. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until the onions become soft and transparent. Add in the garlic and cook an additional minute stirring frequently.
- Add in the tomato sauce, garlic and the cooked bacon bringing to a light simmer.
- Once the sauce is simmering, carefully add the cooked pasta and 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Using tongs gently toss the pasta to distribute the sauce evenly. Remove from the heat and garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve warm.