Dinner Shortcuts: Bacon and egg waffle open face sandwich
I have always loved breakfast but I'm always the first person to skip the meal. Mostly because when I wake up in the morning I'm in no mood to cook. I don't mind eating a bowl of cold cereal but sometimes I crave a nice hot breakfast. This dish combines waffles, bacon and eggs and a drizzle or two of maple syrup. You cannot ask for more in a shortcut dish.
Bacon and egg waffle open face sandwich
Yields 2 servings
- 4 frozen homestyle waffles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thick slices bacon, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- Maple syrup
- Prepare waffles according to box directions. Once warmed, spread with butter and keep warm.
- Add chopped bacon to a large skillet and cook until crisp. Once crispy, remove bacon pieces to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, add eggs. I like to keep my eggs sunny side up because the yolk helps moisten the sandwich. However, it's equally delicious with scrambled eggs as well.
- Place egg and bacon on top of waffles and drizzle with maple syrup.