Snacks on sticks: 3 Easy after-school snack ideas
Chocolate-dipped banana pops
These frozen banana pops are the perfect sweet treat. Freezing the bananas and then dipping them in chocolate creates a fun magic shell you can top with sprinkles for something special.
- 2 bananas, cut in half
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sprinkles (*optional)
- Wooden skewers or Popsicle sticks
- Place a skewer or Popsicle stick into each banana half. Lay the bananas on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil and stir together.
- Dip the banana pops into the chocolate and top immediately with sprinkles if using.
- Lay the bananas back on the baking sheet until the chocolate hardens. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated/frozen until serving.
Apple and ham skewers
A tart Granny Smith apple and some cooked (or deli sliced) ham make a great healthy and protein packed snack.
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cubed
- 1/4 pound deli ham slices or cooked ham, cubed
- Wooden skewers
- Thread the apple and ham onto the skewers and serve.
Salami and cheese pretzel sticks
Pretzel sticks make a fun edible skewer for some salami and cheese snacks.
- 8 pretzel sticks
- 8 cubes cheddar cheese
- 8 slices salami
- Cut the salami slices in half, thread half onto a pretzel stick followed by the cubed cheddar and then top with the other half of salami.