Little apple dippers
Getting kids to eat something good for them seems to be a challenge in my house. As a mom I have to get creative and sometimes sneaky when it comes to incorporating healthier foods into my children's meals. Here I took fresh apple slices and dipped them in various toppings such as almond butter and Nutella and topped them off with nuts and chocolate. These are always a big hit and never last long.
Little apple dippers recipe
Inspired by Pinterest
Yields 8 servings (2 slices per person)
- For the apples
- 2 large fuji apples, sliced thick about 8 slices per apple
- 1/4 cup melted almond butter
- 1/4 cup melted Nutella
- 1/4 cup warm caramel
- 16 mini lollipop sticks
- Mini dark chocolate chips
- Crushed peanuts, almonds or walnuts
- Shredded coconut
- Crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Toffee pieces
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Carefully insert 1 of the lollipop sticks into each of the apple slices.
- Begin dipping each of the apple slices into the warm dips (almond butter, Nutella, caramel).
- Sprinkle the dipped apple slices with your choice of toppings and lay on the wax paper to cool.
- These are best served immediately as the apples will turn brown the longer they sit.