Dinner Shortcuts: Asian chicken salad
Did you know you can buy grilled chicken from the grocery store deli? It wasn't until last week that I even knew this was possible. As I stood staring at the deli case I saw they offered up whole freshly grilled chicken breasts. Sign me up. They are the perfect shortcut to my workday lunches and quick dinnertime rush. This salad uses store-bought grilled chicken breasts, lots of fresh baby spinach, mandarin oranges and a quick sesame seed dressing. You're going to love it.
Asian chicken salad
Yields 2 servings
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In 2 large bowls, add equal amounts baby spinach, oranges, chicken and chow mein noodles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, honey, rice vinegar, sesame seeds orange juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to combine.